[sclug] SUSE 9.3

Tim tim at holmes.name
Mon Jul 18 14:54:31 UTC 2005

Hi all
I am attempting again to move whollu over to Linux. So far it has gone
pretty well. After several attempts with SUSe9.3 I then tried Fedora 4
only to find that support of NTFS was non existent unless I compilied it
into the kernel at least that is the impression that I got with my
investigations. (And I dont want to get into re compiling kernels, just
use Linux for my development activities).
Anyway I gave up wih Fedora and went back to SUSE
The problem I have is that while with Windows I can go to any web site I
choose using the broadband connection I currently have, with the SUSE
setup I seem to be limited to a few sites. Mozilla just reports a
timeout on attempts to connect to Google, Yahoo, download.mozilla.org.
And the YAST update tool also locks.
Any ideas ? and does anyone know why this might be happening ?
Thanks for any help ( I am getting fairly stubborn about this attempt to
move and its taking a lot of time just to get my email services working)

Tim