[sclug] Is it a scam?

Paul Cairney lists at cairney.me.uk
Thu Mar 17 16:01:27 UTC 2005

Yeah, I got that with a local IT recruitment firm who got my my job. He

was quite open about it and told me a bill with my current address was
sufficient, so I provided him with a scan of the top sheet of my bt
phone bill to confirm I am "not an alien from Mars" (his words). We did
discuss the fact the regulations are a joke as anybody with a suitable
bill/scanner/image manipulation package could submit something passable.

Also they are required to ask for this ID, but not obligated to have it
in order to recommend you to client, they are merely obligated to inform
the client they havent managed to check this and thus it becomes the
clients legal responsibility to verify this before they make you an offer.

regards

Paul Cairney