[sclug] USB cable prices (mice features)

Bob Dunlop bob.dunlop at xyzzy.org.uk
Fri May 20 22:10:44 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 09:55:44PM +0100, David Given wrote:
> Don't forget to draw rings around the cable with a green felt-tip pen
> (indelible, not water based) every 1.5cm for that extra edge in Halo. (Use
> 1.8cm if you're playing the Covenant; and if you're playing on the X-Box,
> convert the sizes to inches and measure them that way, or they won't work.)

For years I've wanted a powered mouse.  USB should give us that option.

Commands sent from the computer should be allowed to move the mouse.
First obvious application would be a mouse that self centers on the
pad when left alone for a while.  Use a pad with sufficient friction
and you could have a force feedback mouse.

--
        Bob Dunlop