[sclug] wpa_supplicant - hotspots

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Thu Oct 20 19:23:24 UTC 2005

hi,

I'm using wpa_supplicant on my laptop to connect to wireless networks
both at home and work.  There's no issue connecing if the access point
requires WPA-PSK as both my home and office AP's do.

However, I cannot for the life of me get it to work with WEP keys or
with hotspot networks that use no encryption/security (such as those you
get in conference centres, airports, cafe's and so on).

The wpa_supplicant.conf.example file (which pretty much accounts for the
shipped documentation) suggests it can be done and provides an example,
but this just doesn't work for me.

If anyone has successfully done this, would you mind posting your
network{} block from the config file?

Many thanks :)

--
Darren Davison