[sclug] [OT] Shameless plug

Will Dickson wrd at glaurung.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 14:08:39 UTC 2005

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> We had a similar issue with our http://qgis.org website - people  would
> visit the site and then send us emails saying 'All very nice,  but what
> does it do?'. Its well worth putting a screenie (console  dump even!)
> and synopsis of your project as the first thing the user  sees when they
> arrive at your site.

[snip]

>>> I had a look and I am none the wiser.  What does it do (a useful
>>> piece of information to put on the main page)?
>>>

>> Me too. I don't expect to be any the wiser but it would be nice to  be
>> better informed :-)

[snip]

Ah. Erm. Ooops! My bad - I've been building and then using the thing for
so long that while I was building the homepage I temporarily forgot that
the rest of the world has, of course, never heard of it. Thanks for the
feedback.

I've added a synopsis and an online copy of the user guide which comes
with it. The latter includes screenies, and there's a link thereto on
the top page.

Will.