[sclug] Good home phone

Mark Cooper sclug at mcooper.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 07:52:42 UTC 2005

Does anyone have an suggestions for a good home phone?

I want to replace my boring old POTS with something with a little more
functionality. I trying to find one that covers:-

POTS - must be able to do a standard phone connection ( I'm about to
move house )
Answerphone - with remote dial-in support
Cordless - must be able to walk around, carnt sit still and talk ;)
CLI - full CLI support
SMS - would be nice to be able to receive if not send
Skype - Wife's mother is in South Africa
VOIP - Proper IP telephony!

I've only really come across these so far ...

http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/cordless-phones/cordlessphones-answering-machine/gigaset-s645-m34-usb/?referrer=froogle&keyword=siemens%2Bgigaset%2Bs645%2Bm34%2Busb

http://www.techfever.co.uk/products.asp?partno=7870

--

Mark Cooper