[sclug] Distro Copies

Graham lists at Information-Cascade.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 17:55:40 UTC 2005

Hi,
	I'm looking for a copyable distro, either buy or to copy.
	Maybe some kind volanteer would provide a source and binary DVD.

	I'd be happy to repeat the copying for others, (Binary + Source DVD's)
	before or after the meeting week-on-weds. (chop, chop, ... )

	We could always pool, getting copies from:

		http://www.cheaplinux.co.uk/
		http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk

	What do people recommend?

		centos-4.2
		debian

	I want "the latest", so that new headers are used.
	I want mostly stable, so that I can patch and stay with it.
	I like the idea of LAN installs, maybe LAN boots, or local core pkg copies
	I like HedRot, because its a broad platform, easy install for others, ...
	It's a long time since I hated Debian install - time to forgive?
	I've seen the name "Ubuntu", what do you think?
	I dont have time to download a dozen trial bootable-CD's - serious recommendations?
	I sometimes ignore the distro, and install my own /tools/2006/ from unpatched .tgz's
	I usually hate the provided firewall, xinetd, ..., but lifes like that.
	I do want the package source, to encourage (me) to take a peek.
	DVD is preferred. I'm not messing with CD shuffling. (Single layer = easy copy)
	I have a medium Athlon, and a clockwork-celery laptop (800x600) LAN-ONLY!

--
   Graham
   0118 975 6229