[sclug] Manky Firefox Icon

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 16:49:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Peter Brewer wrote:

> SCLUGers,
>
> Not a terribly important problem.... but does anyone know why in Ubuntu the
> Firefox icon is a manky Gnome style globe rather than the proper Firefox
> logo?  I can change the icon in the KDE menu editor and on the taskbar but I
> still get it on the application title bar and in the tasklist.  Anyone know
> how I can change it and reach eyecandy nirvana?

You need to find the .desktop file that specifies that the Gnome 'globe'
icon should be used. I don't use Ubuntu, so you'll have to figure the rest
out for yourself, but /usr/share is probably a good place to start looking,
along with querying the package database (using dpkg, presumably).

> Many thanks
> Peter

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?