[sclug] Mobile phones, piccies and PC's

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Mon Sep 12 19:31:43 UTC 2005

This isn't really specifically a Linux question, but I'm fishing around
here.

My old man has a new mobile phone with a camera, and he's awfully
excited about it. He wants to use it to send me pictures by email, and
has asked how he gets the pictures from phone to PC.

I haven't a clue.

Can anyone give me a dummies' guide, in an O/S-agnostic way, on what the
basic building blocks are for this? I assume it starts with connecting
phone to PC via the USB port, but after that I have no idea. He's using
Win98, by the way, which isn't a good start I know, but there it is.

All help welcome.

Now I'm off to celebrate winning the Ashes, and my very, very small part
in it. :-)

Regards,

Neil.