[sclug] Opening link in browser from email (was: Mailto in Firefox)

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Fri Sep 16 10:36:36 UTC 2005

Will Dickson wrote:

> Neil Haughton wrote:
>
>> Are there any Firefox/html gurus out there? I find that mailto doesn't
>> work in Firefox on my machine (I'm using Thunderbird as my MUA, but I
>> have kmail installed as well). I can't find any Firefox settings that
>> pertain to mailing from a web page, in the Preferences or in the
>> about:config page, and it's annoying me.

Going in the other direction, does anyone know how to set things up so
that clicking on a web link in an email message allows one to open the
link in a browser window?

The nice thing about mozilla mail+web is that when you right click on a
link in a mail message you get the choice to open it in a new tab, or a
new window (IIRC). At the moment when I right-click on a link in
thunderbird  I just get the options:
	Select All / Copy Link Location / Save Link Target As ...
and have to copy'n'paste it into a broser window manually.

--
John Stumbles