[sclug] What bits? (was RAID 5 - Summary)

Peter Brewer p.w.brewer at reading.ac.uk
Thu Sep 22 15:25:40 UTC 2005

Its not what you'd call a really high performance fileserver - more of a
big old cart horse for backing up large numbers of bigish files.  Spec
is as follows:

Athon 3200+
2Gb RAM
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
8x 250Gb Seagate SATA HDs
2x HP Promise SATA RAID controllers
D26 Rackmount case from avrio.co.uk (Great stuff, great guys, great service)

Pete