[sclug] RAID 5 - Summary

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 15:38:44 UTC 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Matt wrote:

> * Scott Rixon <scott at green-flag.com> [2005-09-22 21:55:12]:
>> There are some really nice SATA hotswap cases around.. If you're going
>> to build a server get a proper case. It will pay for it's self when you
>> hotplug a failed drive so don't have to stay late to down a rip apart
>> the box!
>
> You can get quite a few hotswap drive bays that take up 3x 5.25" bays
> and allow you to plug 4 disks in, 3ware I think make them.

Also, hot-swappable _2.5"_ drive trays that fit in 1 or 2 5.2" bays, and
house upto 8 drives:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/mobilerack/CSE-M28E1.cfm
http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/mobilerack/CSE-M28E2.cfm
http://www.maxpoint.com/home/products/perph/spec_pg/es-252/

I haven't bothered looking for UK sources, yet.

> Matt

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?