[sclug] free 28" widescreen telly (broken)

Damion Yates damiony at is.bbc.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 15:32:07 UTC 2006

Our 28" WS TV broke a few days back, fortunately I had a cousin trying
to get rid of a similar set 32" set so I've switched and we're sorted.

The 28" one we have, only has one fault, I was wondering before I
simply scrap it, whether there was anyone interesting in trying to fix
it for themselves, it's essentially available for free if you agree to
pick it up (I'll help it's heavy, we have a lift).

The fault is that the picture has squashed to a 1/3rd of the normal
width of the screen, it could well be tweaked by fiddling with the
not-normally user servicable adjusters you tend to get at the back of
CRTs.  Or an electronics hobbiest might want to nab the Infrared
remote and receiver components, take the magnets out for a fun kids
toy etc..  We seriously lack space or spare time so these would have
been options for me in the past but now I just want rid of it.

I live in London, WC1 and drive to Maidenhead and back daily so there
are options for me dropping it off if you can help get it to my car at
the London end.

Damion

--
Damion Yates - email: Damion.Yates at bbc.co.uk - phone: +44 (0) 1628 407759