[sclug] Sun Blade 1000 for sale

darren at davisononline.org darren at davisononline.org
Tue Feb 7 19:51:19 UTC 2006

before I stick it on eBay, anyone want a Sun Blade 1000?

DUAL 750Mhz UltraSparcIIIi (64-bit)
2GB RAM
2 x 36G SCSI
usual Blade spec.

perfect working order - I have Gentoo running on it ATM.

Only acquired it a couple of weeks ago, selling 'cos the main fans are a bit
too noisy for the home office and the Linux support for the sensors in these
boxes isn't great.  So the fans are on all the time, but if you don't mind,
or have somewhere out of the way you can put it there's a bargain to be had.

I booted Solaris on the box a few times before installing Gentoo and the
fans shut off immediately after boot.  So h/w is fine and if you want
Solaris back on it, the fan noise is no issue either.  I also have a Sun/VGA
video adapter that it took me ages to find at a sensible price too if you
want that thrown in.

Offer of 500 GBP gets it immediately; otherwise I'll chance it on eBay for a
couple of days..

Bit disappointed actually - it's a great piece of kit.  Collect from Iver
Heath (nr. Slough) or we can arrange to meet somewhere.

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xDD356B0D