[sclug] spamassassin taking too long

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Wed Feb 22 13:14:06 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 09:02, darren at davisononline.org wrote:
[...]
> Is this just something I have to accept with sa or can I do something about
> it?  If it's going to cause the server to choke on the small volume of mail
> I receive and therefore let spam in anyway, it kind of defeats the purpose
> of using it.  How do other sa users find this?

I can't comment on your specific problem, other than noting that SA is very
resource hungry and managed to kill my server completely serveral times when
processing large quantities of mail, but I gave up on SA a while ago simply
because it wasn't working any more. These days I use DSPAM, which is much
faster as well as being more accurate.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Turning, pages turning in the widening bath,
+- www.cowlark.com --+ Page 129 is loosed upon the world." --- Zarf