[sclug] lost termninals

Spiros Kapetanakis spizkapa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 12:07:16 UTC 2006

On 28/02/06, Andrew White <andy at milky.org.uk> wrote:
> [snip]
> > Is there a way to switch between virtual terminals from the command-line?
>
> chvt

Darn, I feel stupid now, I tried to find the command and didn't quite manage it.

Anyway, I used it (need to sudo to do so) and it confirms my original
suspicion. From X, I "sudo chvt 1" and find myself on vt1. I then do
not login, just press ctrl-alt-f7 and I'm back in X.

I guess this means that something in X is borked when it comes to
keyboard handling. It doesn't bother me anymore since there is chvt so
many thanks.

Spiros