[sclug] Wheelie bins in Wokers

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 23:38:24 UTC 2006

Quoting John Stumbles (john at stumbles.org.uk):

> Also Reading's all-in-one recycle bin is pants: amongst things you're
> not supposed to put in which I regularly see in them (other people's
> ones) is glass (bottles etc). I think Wokingham (and other) council's
> separate recycling containers encourage people to think more about
> recycling.

Things must have changed then. AFAIR when we lived in Sindlesham
(covered by Wokingham DC), they wouldn't take glass in the recycling
containers, just plastics and cans. I regularly had to nip up to
Sainsbury's to drop the glass in the recycling bins there, except on
bank holiday weekends when they'd be jammed full for days.

James