[sclug] OT: windows routes

Bob Franklin r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk
Thu Jun 22 18:52:15 UTC 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, ed wrote:

> route add network mask routerip
>
> This is lost on each boot, since windows boxes don't log in
> automatically, how does one keep static route entries in windowss land?
>
> Am I missing something in this user-friendly operating system?

You're missing the '-p' option:

   -p       When used with the ADD command, makes a route persistent across
            boots of the system. By default, routes are not preserved
            when the system is restarted. Ignored for all other commands,
            which always affect the appropriate persistent routes. This
            option is not supported in Windows 95.

Note that I've ever tried it, but I guess it hides things away in the
registry, once you use it.  You could add something and search for it, if
you're interested in what happens afterwards.

   - Bob

--
  Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk>          +44 (0)118 378 7147
  Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK