[sclug] [Fwd: Urgently Seeking Senior Unix Developer]

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Fri Mar 3 12:14:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 20:29:42 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:
: Some clueful (not) recruitment droid seems to still have me on their
: database almost 4 years after I was last in the business (and not in
: that line anyway but it's all computerz innit :-). Still it's Unix and
: local so someone on this list may be interested.

Oh, it's interesting all right...

[...]

:       Senior Unix Developer
:       Permanent - Berkshire - Up to ?50k + Excellent Bens

:       Our new media client provides the hosting, infrastructure,
: design & streaming technology behind some of the world's best-known
: Internet sites delivering information & services to a global audience.
: This role sits within the Implementation Team whose overall
: responsibility is for the delivery of new infrastructures, applications,
: web sites, streaming and other services to a wide range of media &
: non-media customers.

Translation: Siemens Business Services urgently needs someone to replace
me on the BBC account, as they've been having a lot of trouble recruiting
t of trouble recruiting
(through a combination of sheer cluelessness and bad management) over the
past couple of years, and are running out of staff due to the above.

The job involves a fair bit of Perl, a Unix desktop, and Maidenhead.
Vanwall business park (the beige and glass building as you enter the the
estate) to be precise.

And no, I wasn't on ?50K... :-/

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.