[sclug] Writing files to 2 places at once?

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Sat Mar 4 00:51:57 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 19:07, Sapan Ganguly wrote:
[...]
> > David, will that work the same on Oracle datafiles?   I'll experiement on
> > our test system.

It will work on *text* files. When you said 'logfile', I assumed you meant a
standard Unix log of the kind you see in /var/log --- a series of one-line
text records appended to a single file which is rotated periodically.

If what you've actually got is some funky Oracle proprietry binary thing, it
won't work.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Apatheism: the school of belief where on doesn't
+- www.cowlark.com --+