[sclug] Seagate ST3300831A-RK Barracuda 300GB 7200RPM disk

Matt matt at bodgit-n-scarper.com
Sat Mar 4 14:36:11 UTC 2006

* John Stumbles <john at stumbles.org.uk> [2006-03-04 14:26:52]:
> I've been looking for a bigger HDD and just seen that ebuyer are doing
> these for 70 quid which is the best price/capacity I've seen.
>
> Seagate ST3300831A-RK Barracuda 300GB 7200RPM
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2VsZWN0X3Byb2R1Y3Rfb3ZlcnZpZXc=&product_uid=81597
>
> Are Seagates any good though? groups.google didn't throw up any horror
> stories but maybe some folks here have Deeper Clue.

Their SCSI disks are good, I have almost entirely Seagate SCSI disks,
and suffered no failures[1]. I don't think I've ever purchased one of their
IDE/ATA ones.

TBH I think I'm still of the opinion that if I'm going for IDE/ATA, to
buy > 1 and RAID the fsckers, FSVO RAID > 0.

Matt

[1] That'll put the kiss of death on that then!
--
"A violent man will respond poorly to a gift of flowers."