[sclug] Skype issue

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Thu Mar 9 13:03:46 UTC 2006

Can anyone advise with a skype issue I have? I'm using Mandriva 2005LE.

I downloaded skype sometime ago and installed the Mandrake rpm. It
worked okay, and I bought some skypeout credit but then I lapsed into
apathy and disuse. ;-)

Now when I try to start it,  it just stops after a few seconds without
apparently doing anything. No terminal output even, no apparent activity
apart from a flickering drive light for a few seconds. I've opened my
firewall to everything (effectively no firewall) but that didn't solve
the problem.

Given that it once worked and I haven't (AFAIK) changed anything, can
anyone suggest where to look for information? The website is not
particularly helpful with installation and troubleshooting information

Regards,

Neil.