[sclug] using Xgl and Beryl

Roland Turner SCLUG raz.fpyht.bet.hx at raz.cx
Sat Oct 21 09:55:11 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 09:25 +0100, Scott Rixon wrote:

> So without starting a war.. Ubuntu vs straight Debian... I am running
> Etch at the moment. (I have to say what an uninteresting name!)

Etch-a-Sketch is presumably a registered trademark.

>  I have a server running woody and I am happy to keep it there...

You know that security cover for Woody was withdrawn a while ago, right?
If a remote-root compromise becomes known in Internet-accessible
software running on that box, Debian will not be issuing an update.

You should consider switching your server to sarge, or even waiting a
few months (or more :-)) and switching it to etch.

- Raz