[sclug] Network startup on Debian

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Tue Oct 24 12:59:00 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 01:26:14AM +0100, David Given wrote:
> Simon Huggins wrote:
> [...]
> > This is flash isn't it? Is it not sensible to tune the filesystem so it
> > never fscks or edit the initscripts so that's the case?
> > I know there is an e3 list so they may be more help here.
> Actually, the whole thing is currently running off a USB hard disk, so
> the fact that it's an e3 is irrelevant --- I mention it merely because
> it's really slow (and so fscking takes forever). This is, I hope, a
> generic Linux problem.

Oh ok.

I'm not sure I understand why this would recur when you unmount it with
the correct time though.

> > I have a USB ADSL modem which I'm sure I've had working from boot
> > before.
> Did it require firmware? If so, how did you manage to load it before
> hotplug/udev starts?

It does indeed and udev just loads it from /lib/firmware.

I should reboot at some point to see if it's still working but I thought
it was.

Simon.

--
Just another wannabie |   Zelfs een blinde kip vindt   |  Just another fool