[sclug] DSL boot problem

Stuart Major stuartmajor at phonecoop.coop
Tue Sep 12 11:07:22 UTC 2006

I have a Fujitsu Siemens laptop with a boot problem.

I have been running DSL on it no problem, but now when it boots it stops
at the following:

xauth: error in locking authority file /home/dsl/.Xauthority

giving up
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to server
xinit: No such process(errno3): Server error
xauth: error in locking authority file /home/dsl/.Xauthority
dsl at console[dsl}$

I have tried reinstalling the system, but even though I have set the
BIOS to boot from the DVD drive it goes through the same process to the
same point.

Any ideas, thanks, Stuart.