[sclug] OT mobile phones

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Mon Dec 17 10:33:47 UTC 2007

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 18:18:46 +0000, Scott Rixon wrote:
: You like the E90 then?

I do.  It's lovely.  It's by far the best Communicator Nokia have made.
The size is about right (possibly a little too small as the keyboard is a
bit cramped), the weight is fine, and the featureset is good.  I
particularly like the AGPS unit.

: I have a HTC Wizard at the moment, but we are
: moving to Vodaphone so are going to test some Nokias.. Hope to see a E90
: soon.

Isn't the HTC thing some Wince abomination?

: What exactly do you want to ssh into in the pub?

Originally, when I was at the BBC (then Siemens), broken servers, so I
could fix them.  Now, I've just got used to being able to connect from
whereever I happen to be; reading mail on the train in mutt in your usual
screen session is something I find very useful, for example.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.