[sclug] RBL recommendations

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Mon Feb 12 10:42:17 UTC 2007

My shiny new SMTP greylister proxy (<plug> http://spey.sf.net </plug>) now
supports RBLs. I'm currently running it with spamhaus' Zen RBL, which is
working really, really well --- in 36 hours it's blackholed 890 incoming
connections.

In fact, it's working so well I'm slightly nervous that it's refusing access
to legitimate mail servers. Zen is a combination of SBL (spammers), XBL (open
proxies) and PBL (dynamic IP addresses who shouldn't be sending mail anyway).
Is this too aggressive? What's spamhaus' reputation for zealotry? What RBLs
are people using in commercial environments?

--
?