[sclug] Out of disk space

Stuart Major stuartmajor at phonecoop.coop
Wed Feb 14 19:52:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying login to gdm, and get the message 'no disk space'.  I am
fairly sure this has to do with me setting up my back up incorrectly.  I
have used df -a to check and sure enough my / is full.  I have tried
deleting files and directories from the failsafe command line login but
this seems to make no difference.

My /home direcrtory appears to be to be only 49% full.

I have searched the ubuntu forums and pursued the suggested strategies as
outlined above, but have yet to resolve the problem.  Can anyone advise?

Thanks for your help, Stuart.

Edgy Eft user.