[sclug] Web log analysis tool?

Adam Trickett adam.trickett at iredale.net
Mon Jan 22 20:04:09 UTC 2007

On Monday 22 January 2007 12:45, David Given wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a logfile analyser that would warn me of such things in
> the future? I'm not looking for something that does extensive statistical
> analysis and draws pretty graphs; I want something that will email me
> periodically with a brief rundown of the major bandwidth use on my website,
> with hopefully a set of trends indicating which items are becoming more or
> less popular. I'd rather not be caught out again...

analog is the most common web analysis tool out there, available for most
distros, just an aptitude install (or equivalent) away. There are few fancy
tools that build on top, but it's a good start. However a bandwidth tool may
be a better option.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

My organ doesn't work properly and emits strange burning smells
    -- seen on Usenet