[sclug] duplicate mail

ed ed at s5h.net
Wed Jun 27 17:35:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:13:05 +0100 (BST)
"Darren Davison" <darren at davisononline.org> wrote:

> does anyone know why I might be receiving duplicate copies of most
> (but not all) sclug list mail?  Sometimes the duplicate arrives some
> minutes later than the original, often they arrive simultaneously.
>
> Anyone else seeing similar?

I've never got a duplicate message from this list. Are you using
fetchmail or have anything custom in a .qmail file that might be
spawning two deliveries?

Seems very odd to me, a lot of people use email fro automated systems
so a bug like that in production might cause a lot of havoc.

However, looking at the headers of this email, you might get it three
or four times. Let me know how many, if it's four times then I guess
something else is to blame, if it's just three then it's the list
that's duplicating.

--
The PRI to the Xbox is chompin like hungry, hungry hippo's because of a
faulty regex. R2D2 is horking out last night's beer.