[sclug] FTP Hosting

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Mon Apr 7 19:19:52 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 18:24:46 +0100, Scott Rixon wrote:
: Hey gang,

: I am in need of some FTP hosting for work. We currently hold a large
: library of machine images for our contacts. These are then copied onto
: CD/DVD and shipped around the world. Crazy!

: Most of the time it would sit idle.. But when a new image comes out then
: about 50 people would need to download about 5gb each.

: Anyone have any bright ideas?

Depending on how much disc space you require, either a virtual machine
from the likes of Bytemark[0], or host a cheap box somewhere (Jump,
Bogons, RapidSwitch, etc.) and DIY.

[0] I'd've added 'or Blackcat', but Simon sold out...

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.