[sclug] Cheap'n'nasty Tesco Linux machines

Tom Carbert-Allen tom at randominter.net
Wed Apr 9 10:51:46 UTC 2008

I meant trademark, reading US patent office made me type patent by
mistake, my bad

I am all up for simplifying groups of licence agreements under a common
term so I don't have to read everyone, but just "open source" is not the
right term for a trademark, that is a description. Maybe "OSI approved
licence" is what the rubber stamp should say.

As a side note, I do wonder why people on this LUG always jump into
action when debating legal and licence issues but don't want to enter my
competition about how powerful and diverse linux is? The reason I like
the free software movement is because I DON'T have to talk about legal
nonsense all the time, I can just get on with doing cool things with
cheap boxen. For this reason I will now stay out of legal/licence debate
on the list because at the end of the day it bores me and doesn't
provide me any benefit. I want more threads about using linux for cool
stuff!

TCA