[sclug] Other "sell by the pallet load" recon kit sellers > Bracknell Computer Fair

Mike Mallett mike.mallett at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 13 19:45:27 UTC 2008

This thread prompted me to look at the prices for preowned computers at
today's fair

Base unit only

Compaq Pentium 4 /1.6g/ 256mb RAM / 20gb HD/ CD		?45

Pentium 4 /2.6g/ 512mb RAM / 40gb HD/ CD			?65

Keyboard and mice can be picked up cheaply at the fair

Complete unit with 17" screen, keyboard and mouse

Dell Optiplex GX240 Pentium 4 /2.4g/ 256mb RAM / 40gb HD/ CD
?99

(warranty usually 3 month)

Also assorted laptops

There are several vendors selling new base units with no O/S (keyboard etc
extra) and for example Vivatech are asking

Core 2 Due E6750 / 1gb RAM / 250gb HD/ DVD writer / Geforce 8400GS
?345
(3 year warranty)

Last but not least the 'open source man' is always there !