[sclug] Help! with Ubuntu 8.04 (cont)

Dominic Storey dominic.storey at sourcefire.com
Mon Apr 28 12:30:43 UTC 2008

have you checked the following device files?

ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid

certainly on Gutsy and Fiesty, there are symlinks here that resolve
uuids to 'traditional' disks (hda, hdb, etc.)

Dominic Storey, CISSP
Technical Director EMEA
Sourcefire  (The originators of Snort)

Sourcefire Ltd,
West Forest Gate, Wellington Road,
Wokingham, United Kingdom, RG40 2AQ

Tel:		+44 (0) 1189 89 84 00
DDI:	+44 (0) 1189 89 84 09
Mob:	+44 (0) 7789 37 42 65
Fax:		+44 (0) 1189 89 84 01

dominic.storey at sourcefire.com

www.sourcefire.com
www.snort.org

Disclaimer...

The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily  the opinion of
Sourcefire Inc.

The information in this email contains proprietary information which is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended
recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected
this email, please notify the author by replying to this email and
informing them of this matter as soon as possible. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely in any way on the information in this email. In addition you
must erase all of the information contained in this email immediately
after notifying the author.