[sclug] (Reiser)

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Mon Apr 28 22:25:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 23:13:36 +0100, John Stumbles wrote:
: Dickon Hood wrote:

: >...  Good filesystems  ... should
: >certainly never utterly screw themselves when running the recovery tool
: >over them when the filesystem happens to contain a file containing a
: >filesystem image.  ReiserFS will do this.  This is a fundamental failure.

: Surely this is a very real DOS attack on a shared system. User
: (disgruntled employee, loony student etc) creates ReiserFS image in
: their $HOME, time passes, sysadmin runs recovery tool on /home ...

Fun, isn't it.  It *may* only be a problem if there is some actual damage,
but I've not bothered looking.

<http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/04/reiser-guilty-o.html> is
pertinent.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.