[sclug] xmas giveaway

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Mon Dec 22 20:31:32 UTC 2008

Free for collection if anyone can make use of it:

Gateway GP6 PII 350Mhz Tower Case
256M RAM (2x128)
1 x 6.4G hdd
1 x 12.1G hdd
CD/ROM
Onboard sound/graphics (chipset unknown)

No cables, peripherals etc, but working pretty well.  PSU is quite
whiney - wouldn't want the thing sitting too near me.

This started life as my desktop machine about 12 years ago and has spent
about the last 9 acting as various servers (a debian mail server for the
last 6 years).

It has crashed on me a few times in the last year with various kernel
panic type messages on the screen and in various logs.  So I replaced it
since I couldn't be sure whether it was h/w or s/w related.  Pretty sure
the disks are both sound and it's now running DSL just to show something
working on it.  Could be a mobo or PSU issue that was causing it.

If it's of any use to you for bits or as a small server of some sort, it
can be collected for nowt from Sandhurst.

Cheers,

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xE855B3EA