[sclug] ubuntu runlevels from grub

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Fri Feb 1 20:57:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 20:53:35 +0000, Tom Carbert-Allen wrote:
: It's not pretty but then again running MS OS never is.

This is true.

: Basicly it's a recovery partition system for the Windows XP part of a
: dual boot machine

: You can boot from grub:

: WinXP
: Linux
: Linux minimal non-interactive which just dd's a backup over winxp partition
: Linux minimal non-interactive which dd's winxp partition to backup
: incase we want to update it

: I have also set grub to alternate boot the first two so pleb XP users
: get a fresh machine every boot up, the second two are password protected
: for my usage.

I see.

: Think of it as non-persistant disks type affair which you get in vm
: solutions

Indeed.

: Make sense? or can you think of a better way of preventing accumilation
: XP crap?

I'm going to have a wild stab in the dark on this one, but have you
considered one of those non-persistant disk type affairs which you get in
VM solutions?

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.