[sclug] OT: hardware issue

Jason Rivers jason.rivers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:39:35 UTC 2008

I would also suspect the PSU.

you can pick them up pretty cheeply (www.ebuyer.com) I wouldn't use the
cheep mark ones all the time, but they're OK for quick testing and it's not
throwing away alot of cash. unless you want a better PSU for the system you
end up with anyway, then I'd expect paying around ?50 for a good one,
depends how much power you're going to put through it.

if you pull the memory, do you get system beeps (both with GFX in and out?
(3 beeps all same length - can't remember if they're long or short.) i think
no GFX card is 1 long beep followed by 2 short. don't hold me to that
though, it also changes slightly between BIOS's.

Jason.