[sclug] Headphone socket on laptop

Tom Carbert-Allen tom at randominter.net
Sat Jan 19 23:10:10 UTC 2008

I have also used asoundconfig to find even more faders and switchs in
the driver. I found on the newer mac mini's the sound was muted by
default in linux, despite everything being 100% in alsamixer.
asoundconfig allowed me to change the "internal speaker master" and
"headphone socket master" which were oddly true/false rather than % but
it worked! alsactl can then load and save the configs you change with
asoundconfig to restor the settings at reboot etc.

TCA