[sclug] Quiet PSU recommendations

Matt Dainty matt at bodgit-n-scarper.com
Thu Jul 3 14:56:29 UTC 2008

* Andy Hayward <ach at buteo.org> [2008-07-03 14:34:03]:

> Saying that, I've got a couple of Antec Smartpower PSUs which are
> 'quiet enough for a study'. Not sure that model is made any more,
> closest seems to be the Antec Truepower Trio:
>
> http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1718.html

It'll be a long long time before I buy another Antec PSU. All of the
ones I've bought have failed eventually. I can't remember the exact
models, but they were all Truepower ones, two ATX ones rated at
something like 450-550w, and an EPS one rated at something like
650-700w, so they were all quite beefy (and not terribly cheap either).

It appears I'm not alone either:

http://www.pjrc.com/about/rambling/antec.html

Matt
--
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what
gets you."