[sclug] sclug Digest, Vol 58, Issue 7

n.a.haughton@bigfoot.com haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 10 20:33:27 UTC 2008

Well I tried, but that got no results either. Here is my getmailrc and the
terminal output..

[retriever]
type = SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever
server = googlemail.com
username = <myusername>
port = 993
password = <mypassword>
[destination]
type = Maildir
path = ~/maildir/

Here is the terminal output:

neil at study:~$ getmail
getmail version 4.6.5
Copyright (C) 1998-2006 Charles Cazabon.  Licensed under the GNU GPL version
2.
SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever:<myusernamehere>@googlemail.com:993:

That's it.

It's almost as if something is blocking the connection. Is it possible that
my router is blocking some port (993, for example)?

Neil