[sclug] anybody want some ancient Sun hardware?

Peter Maydell pmaydell+sclug at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 11:58:50 UTC 2008

Bit unlikely, but I thought I'd check before it all goes to the tip...

Does anybody want some elderly Sun workstations? I have a SparcStation 2
and an IPX, both with 19" Sony trinitron monitors (the big and heavy
fixed-frequency kind). They make reasonable 8-bit X terminals if you can
put up with the hard disk noise (perhaps you could take out the hard
disk and run them diskless over NFS). I can throw in an external disk
unit and an external CDROM housing (with probably broken CDROM :)).
Currently they have installed the last release of Debian which supported
the sun4c architecture.

So, er, any takers? Might suit penniless student who likes tinkering
with ancient hardware :-)

-- PMM