[sclug] Dell Inspiron 1200 Display Problem(s)

Phillip Chandler phillip.chandler at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 8 11:34:18 UTC 2008

Hopefully one of you may know the answer here.

Ive got a Dell Inspiron 1200 laptop. Normally when the mains lead is
plugged in, the display is nice and bright.

When the laptop runs on the battery, the display is dimmer due to
running off the battery.

The last couple of days it seems to have switched around. The display is
dimmer when running on the mains.

So I wondered if any of you may have had a similar problem, or maybe
know the answer. I originally thought it was the power supply, but was
able to try a friends, and the problem persists.

Thanks
Phillip