[sclug] Simple WYSIWYG HTML editor?

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Mon Mar 3 00:21:43 UTC 2008

Can anyone suggest a simple WYSIWYG HTML editor?

I've been using Mozilla composer but the currently version frequently
crashes (taking my email as well as any unsaved changes with it). It's
also a bit of a struggle with it to get to do the right thing e.g. one
sometimes has to go into source view and edit the source directly to
insert something in the right place between tags. That wouldn't be so
bad but when doing so it always puts you back at the top of the file so
it's a hunt to find the place you were editing, and also the source is
such a dog's breakfast ...

Openoffice writer doesn't seem any better in the editing respect (though
I trust it doesn't crash all the time: I haven't tried it in anger).

I'm just thinking surely there's something better?

--
John Stumbles