[sclug] Cheap'n'nasty Tesco Linux machines

Phillip Chandler phillip.chandler at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 11 12:04:46 UTC 2008

In the Red corner is Tesco's cheap and nasty Linux Machines ..... In the
Blue corner is no one else selling (apart from Dell) good, decent PC's
with linux installed, in a main supermarket chain.

MMMmmm this is a tough one guys, but who's your money going to be on ?
Which is the lesser of two evils ?

So you buy a tesco PC, spend some dosh online buying an upgrade to the
memory. The linux community harps on about getting linux "In the face"
of the general public, and getting publicity, but when they start to get
it, the linux guys start whinging about who they do or dont want
connected with selling linux boxes.