[sclug] Cheap'n'nasty Tesco Linux machines

Phillip Chandler phillip.chandler at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 13 20:03:33 UTC 2008

Just been to their web site
( http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1999034/No.10/Nr.99.aspx ) and it actually
looks quite good considering its only ?139.93. And theres plenty of room
for adding extra cd/dvd and hdd. So you could quite easily add a
secondary hard disc, but how would you set the 2nd hdd as the /home
partitions ? But seeing as its only supplied with Ubuntu 6.06 Id be
inclined to do a fresh install of 7.04.

I was a bit miffed with the 2nd machine being ?50 more for a 1.9ghz
speed and 512mb ram where as the ?139.93 is 2.66ghz speed and only 256mb
ram ? Is this a typo on their part ?