[sclug] Cheap'n'nasty Tesco Linux machines

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Fri Mar 14 13:51:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 09:14 +0000, Pete wrote:
> The ?190 box has
> a AMD 3600 Athlon 64 in it,

I'm now a bit confused - who determined that the 190 quid box had a dual
core chip in it as I thought that the above chip was only a single core.

For our purposes (me and the wife) dual core, as I said in another
mailing, would be preferable from our existing experience of running
ordinary office type applications but each of these with lots of windows
and documents and browser tabs open at once.

That is where there is a significant benefit to the two processors
despite us doing nothing "special" but bog standard ordinary user stuff,
not even streaming media or anything.