[sclug] Cheap'n'nasty Tesco Linux machines

Phillip Chandler phillip.chandler at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 16 20:34:25 UTC 2008

"I'd also put it to you that enforced freedom is no freedom at all."

Im firmly in the belief that we currently have enforced freedom (as I
see it). Every counties government dictates what rights a person has,
they decide the goal posts and we have to live within those goal posts,
and our freedom is within those same goal posts. And we apparently live
in a free capitalise society in the UK !!!!! Id love to see any of us
standing outside Reading Train Station on a monday morning, between 7am
and 8am, slagging off the government, saying that they are all a bunch
of lying, deceitful bunch of two faced old gits, and that you want to
question the legitimacy of their parentage, and see how long you last
before getting arrested.
We dont live in a democracy, else there would have been a referendum on
the EU constitution, we would be able to tell dear Mr Brown what we do
and dont like, without resorting to the poll tax riots.
Theres an old expression "Im always in the S**T only the depth varies",
and what does this have to do with this email, well the same applies to
to our rights and the rights of other countries peoples. We probably may
be better off than some countries, but at the end of the day, its all
the same sort of government, just by a different name.
Plus Communism in its purest sense would work perfect, to start a
village going. But what kills communism is capitalism.