[sclug] sclug Digest, Vol 55, Issue 18

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Sun May 4 18:41:44 UTC 2008

Well I've now abandoned 8.04 and reverted to a clean install of 7.10 -
and oilla! my wireless works out of the box. All I had to do extra was
install the ndiswrapper bits, use that to install the XP driver, go
through the straight forward configuration to tell it where to find my
router and it all fell into place. Confirms my opinion that 8.04 is
broken as far as wireless is concerned. Oddly there is no mention of
this in the Ubuntu forums...

Neil