[sclug] Ubuntu Automount + Eee PC 901 responses

Matthew Cox spudgun79 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 23:03:48 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've had quite a few responses to my Ubuntu Automount + Eee PC 901 queries
that I thought it best to summarize into one email.

Thanks for the heads up on Autofs, thats definitely something I need to look
into.  As for the suggestion to write some shell script to unmount it on
shutdown, that was a 'Doh! Why didn't I think of that?' moment.  Something
else to look at, I do need the shell script practice. :)

On the Eee PC front, its good to know it will do what I want it to do.  I'll
definitely have another look at the Acer Aspire though.  Its a bit cheaper
and has more storage, but the battery life on the Eee PC is an attractive
proposition.  I'll have to spend a bit of time weighing things up.

Thanks for all your responses, they were much appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt.